The LEADER-region Kufstein and Umgebung - Untere Schranne - Kaiserwinkl is located in the north of Tyrol, at the border to Bayern. In 2015 the region had 47.028 inhabitants. It reaches more than 434,96 km². About 11,9% is settlement area and about the same area is conservation area, which is composed of the Kaisergebirge, the Kufsteiner and Langkampfener Innauen and the Schwemm in Walchsee, as well as the famous Kaisertal.
The Innvalley is a extremly relevent area for Tyrols industry. Between Langkampfen and Kufstein prestigious production companies like Viking, Sandoz and Riedelglas as well as important service and leisure-time institutions of the region found their home.
Here you find the regionprofile of our area KUUSK.
The local development strategy 2014-2020 provides the framework for the activities of the regional management KUUSK.
The local development policy 2014-2020 was drafted with the help of the local population. Moreover, it was very important to include important players from various branches, like tourism, agriculture, education, social care and economy in the whole process.
Main features of the policy are:
- Description of the region
- A comment on the development needs of the region
- Sphere of activities (main point of the strategy)
- Quality management and control system
- Structure of the LAG
A major influence on the day-to-day work have the spheres of activities. These spheres describe how the region can and should be positively influenced in the upcoming years. They also have a direct impact on the projects, as projects can only be benefited via the LEADER-program if they contribute to the local development policy.
- Sphere 1: Regionality, regional products and tourism are key issues in this sphere.
- Sphere 2: This sphere is concerned with the preservation of the local cultural heritage as well as natural heritage. Awareness raising activities serve as the main tools in this sphere.
- Sphere 3: Improving the quality of living is the keyword in this sphere. This includes measures like providing a good network for new ideas and implementing new common good projects.
- Sphere IWB: IWB (Investment in Growth and Employment) is a special funding programme concerned with three main areas:
- Research, development and innovation
- Competitiveness of SME
- Transition towards a low carbon economy
Here you can get additional information concerning the spheres of activities!
Map of the region of KUUSK
Here you can find a detailed map of the region.